I have recently been addicted to Cauliflower. It came out of nowhere. Cauliflower is so versatile you can roast it, mash it, and even substitute it for rice. JB made these Cauliflower steaks one night and I’ve had them every week since.
Ingredients Serves 1-3 depending on how many vegetarians you have.
1 Cauliflower- wash, and cut into 1.5-2 inch slices, remove only a little bit of the center, you will want that to help hold it together.
2 lemons Cut into slices
4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
Dash of Salt/Pepper
Dash of Red Pepper flakes optional if you like a little heat!
Any other spices you happen to love.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take a baking sheet and cover with foil.
3. In a small bowl stir together olive oil and spices.
4. Place cauliflower on baking sheet. Use a cooking brush to coat cauliflower with olive oil/spice mix.
5. Take one of your lemons, sliced and squeeze lemon juice over cauliflower.
6. Place rest of lemon slices on top of cauliflower.
7. Roast in oven for 30 minutes until you can push a fork easily through cauliflower. They are easy to overcook and then will get too squishy.
Serve them with a side salad listed on my SunshineFIT Foods Page and you have an amazing, healthy meal!