- bal·ance [ bállənss ] harmony: a state in which various parts form a satisfying and harmonious whole and nothing is out of proportion or unduly emphasized at the expense of the rest (bing dictionary)
Finding balance in this ever-changing world is essential to good health and well-being. But how do we go about achieving balance in the midst of it all? These are SunshineFIT’s 6 ways to start to achieve balance.
1. Disconnect: Turn off your cell phone, your Ipad, your television, and your radio. When there is silence your mind has a moment to actually think. Every weekend pick a day or a few hours to turn everything out. Bonus points if you can do it for the full weekend!
2. Just say no: If your plate is already full it’s time to learn the 2 letter word, NO! We want to do everything and be a part of it all. Prioritize what really is important to you. If you REALLY don’t want to do something, don’t do it. Life is short.
3. Simplify: Clean up your surroundings. Throw away, organize, donate. Clutter can be overwhelming and stressful. every day take a few moments to de-clutter and put things where they belong.
4. Take charge of your health: Are you getting enough exercise? Are you eating as healthy as you should be? If you haven’t eaten a fruit or vegetable in 2 days or haven’t exercised, it’s time to TAKE CHARGE. There in no point in finding balance in your life if you aren’t healthy enough to live it.
5. Just let it go: We are not in control of everything. Take a deep breath and surrender.
6. Think positive: Attitude really is everything. Worrying isn’t helpful. Planning is. Try to focus on the good, the best possible scenario, the best possible outcome.
WEEK TWO of #sharesomethinginspiring challenge!
The week kicked off with sharing a blog that inspires you. There are so many to choose from! My two favorites are http://www.vinetowind.com and and http://www.funfitandfabulouswithlauren.blogspot.com. Check these ladies out!!!
Tuesday’s challenge was to #sharesomethinginspiring about a personal accomplishment. I am happy to say that at 8.5 weeks preggers I’m still maintaining an active daily schedule of jogging, spin, yoga, Pilates, weights, and walking! It takes extra motivation but my daily workouts make me feel so much better! I believe the workouts combined with the enormous amount of water I drink and eating 80% gluten-free and dairy free has helped make my pregnancy much easier on me.
Wednesday I shared anything that inspires me! I choose this quote, “Don’t look back, you are not going that way.”
On Thursday I REALLY needed extra motivation to get out the door for a workout. One of my SunshineFIT mantras is #4miles a day or #40minutesaday. Remembering this I laced up and started walking. My goal was to get 20 minutes in, knowing that once I got to 20 I would definitely keep going!
On Friday the challenge was to #sharesomethinginspiring about family. Check out my guest blog about my younger sister! Click HERE!
Saturday was a fun one, #sharesomethinginspiring that makes you laugh. See below! Ha!
Sunday was about taking a leap of faith. I love this quote. We really just never know until we try.