Super Bowl Sunday usually means a full spread of snacks. Try this healthier SunshineFIT version of Spinach and Artichoke Dip.
1 can of artichokes (organic if possible), chopped
1 box of frozen spinach (organic if possible), thawed and drained well
1 can of white beans
2 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 cup of part skim parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup of low-fat monterey jack cheese, grated
1/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
Juice from 1/2 of Lemon
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
1. Combine white beans, olive oil, 1/4 cup parmesan, 1/4 cup Monterey jack, ricotta, lemon juice, chopped garlic, salt and pepper into a blender or food processor. Blend till smooth.
2. In a bowl mix together spinach, artichokes, and blended cheese mixture till combined well.
3. Pour into a greased oven dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan and 1/4 cup of Monterey jack cheese.
4. Place in 350 degree oven for 25- 30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
5. Serve with crudite and tortilla chips!