Here’s a few of my favorite SunshineFIT reminders that keep me on my toes and eating healthy everyday.
1. If you aren’t hungry enough to eat an apple, you aren’t hungry enough.
2. Follow the 80/20 rule. Choose healthy foods 80% of your week and be less strict 20%.
3. Be sure the ingredients in your meal are nutritious. Fruit, veggies, beans, nuts, whole grains, organic proteins, and healthy fats are good for you. Sugar, processed foods, and saturated fats are not.
4. Have a big, fat, mostly raw salad for lunch everyday. Keep dressing simple like lemon juice, balsamic, vinegar/oil.
5. Eat fresh fruit and veggies for your snacks with a small handful of nuts.
6. Close the kitchen after dinner.