Water makes up half of our body so it is essential that we get enough of it everyday. How does your body use water?Your cells, organs, and tissues use water to function. Water also helps to maintain your temperature, lubricate joints, protects your spinal cord, and gets rid of waste in your body. You need to replace the water you lose through sweat, urination, and breathing. You also need more water when you are in a warmer climate, when you are exercising, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, and when you have a fever.
SunshineFIT follows the rule that you should drink half your body weight in ounces. Therefore, if you way 150 pounds you should drink 75 ounces in water. When you go to the bathroom your pee should be the color of a light lemonade, not the color of apple Juice. That’s also a useful tool if you have small children!
Sunshine’s Six Easy Ways to Drink More Water:
1. Carry a bottle of water with you everywhere you go. I love my BKR bottle. It’s convenient, cute, and stays closed in your purse!
2. Get a lovely half-gallon (half-gallon equals 64 ounces) pitcher and fill it each day with water, lemon slices, and cucumber slices. Aim to drink the whole thing each day. Refill it with different fruits such as berries, watermelon, kiwi, etc.
3. Start your morning and end your day with a full glass of water. Also, have a glass of water EVERY TIME you eat food. The water will hydrate you and will also help you fill up so you don’t eat as much!
4. If you are having alcoholic beverage, drink a glass of water for every cocktail you have. Ask the bartender for a pitcher that you can have on the table so you won’t forget!
5. Drink AT LEAST one bottle of water during your workout. Then, drink another one right after.
6. Don’t forget hot water! Heat up some water and add a little lemon and ginger to warm up when it’s cold or for relaxing.
In Health and with Grace,