I love summer. I live for sunny days, warm nights, flip flops, and sundresses.
July marks the middle of the year and usually some of the hottest days of summer. Here are six tips to “keep your cool” and stay healthy!
1.Stay hydrated. I repeat this constantly. You should drink half your body weight in ounces. Example: you weigh 120 pounds, drink 60 ounces of water.
2. Exercise in the morning. It’s the coolest part of the day. Plus, some studies show that you burn more fat in the AM and it will give your metabolism a boost for the rest of the day!
3. Focus on fruits and veggies. Higher temperatures usually mean a decreased appetite. Take advantage and eat plenty of fresh, local, and organic fruits and veggies. Have a fruit salad for breakfast or dessert.
4. Take walks after dinner. The hot sun makes us want to stay in the air conditioner. Take advantage of the sun going down and take a walk after dinner. It will allow you to digest your food properly and maybe you will catch a glimpse of a lightning bug!
5. Go swimming. It’s easy to keep your cool in the water. Grab a kick board and do a few laps! Take your kids to a local pool and enjoy some time out of the house!
6. Indulge. Yupe, I said it. An ice cream run is the perfect summer treat! Stick to the kiddie size and go for frozen yogurt if it is available!
Happy July 4th!!