Happy weekend SunshineFITters! I am officially on vacation to head home and meet my new nephew. I got an early start and I’m planning out the weekend till I leave. Weekends are a good time to regroup, relax, and rejuvenate!
Here are my Sunshine 6 Healthy Tips for the weekend:
1. Have a healthy breakfast. A fresh fruit smoothie with protein powder is a great way to start the day. Blend strawberries, banana, coconut milk, protein powder, and a handful of ice.
2. Move your body. Weekends can offer you the time to do a longer workout. If possible, get outside for a walk, run, hike, or bike ride. Grab a friend! Try a new class that you normally wouldn’t have time to go to!
3. Check out a Farmers Market. A stroll through a local farmers market will give you inspiration for a weekend dinner. Talk to the Farmers, they usually have great suggestions for recipes! Pick up fresh fruit and local cheeses.
4. Catch up with friends and family. Give someone a call that you haven’t talked to in a while, have a dinner party, or meet for coffee! Connecting with the people you love will give you more energy and a big smile!
5. Relax. You are on the go all week. Find an hour for yourself to read, write in a journal, get a massage, or take a bath. No distractions.
6. Plan for the week. Sunday is the day I make a few healthy lunches for the week so I can grab and go. I also check my schedule to be sure I know what is ahead for the week. Schedule in your workouts just like an appointment.
Enjoy the weekend!
In Health and With Grace,