1. Stay hydrated. Drink half your weight in ounces. If you weigh 150 pounds, drink 75 ounces of water per day.
2. Eat Clean. That means protein, veggies, fruits, and whole grains. Limit processed foods, full fat dairy, white carbs, sugars, and alcohol.
3. Sweat Everyday. Yep, everyday! You don’t have to go hard 7 days a week. Take a walk, do yoga, or some light cardio.
4. Circuit Train. At least 3 days a week make your workout a combo of strength and cardio. Click here for a 10 minute, repeatable circuit!
5. Eat fruit. Start your day with a bowl of fruit, have a banana for a snack, add fruit to your salad at lunch, have fruit as your dessert!
6. Take the stairs. An oldie but a good! The more you move your body the more calories you burn! Walk instead of drive whenever you can. Park further away.
7. Try new recipes. Check out my blog for healthy recipes for you and your family! For one of my faves is click here!
8. Unplug. Literally. Turn off your phone, computer, Ipad, TV, etc. Use that time to read a book, go for a walk to catch up with a friend.
9. Get Outside. Studies have proven that being outside boosts your overall mood!
10. Take your vitamins. We all need a little extra nutritional boost. Take a multi-vitamin or talk with your doctor for a more specific regimen.
11. Think positive. Post a note that has an uplifting quote on your mirror. It could set the mood for your whole day!
12. Eat more salads. Load it with fresh veggies, fruit, nuts/seeds, and a light balsamic vinaigrette.
13. Make a new playlist. Having a new playlist helps to motivate you for your next workout! New tunes, new moves!
14. Stop drinking soda. Period.
15. Eat more nuts. Make sure you get enough Omega 3’s from nuts, fish, and legumes.
16. Record what you eat. Recording what you eat and tracking your calories is proving to be one of the most successful ways to lose weight and keep it off!
17. Check your portions. How much is one serving? Click here for more information!
18. Skip the bread. At restaurants start with a salad and forget the bread!
19. Eat fiber. Fiber keeps you full and improves digestion. Add chia seeds to your oatmeal, smoothie, and salads for a quick boost!
20. Sleep well. Create a nightly ritual and go to bed at the same time every night.
21. Know when to say no. If you don’t want to do it and your don’t have to do it. Don’t do it.
22. Try something new. A new class, a new walking route, learn a new skill.
23. Family meals. Sit down and eat with your family. Turn off the TV and put gadgets away.
24. Slow down. Seriously, life goes fast enough. Stop and look around.
25. Smile. It’s contagious!
In health and with grace,