This Sunday started with a lazy morning and quickly turned into a day of cooking after a morning workout. Soup is an easy meal to have on hand. It’s filling, healthy, and warms you up! JB made this Blended Spicy Broccoli soup for me to grab and heat!
4 cups of vegetable broth
8 cups of broccoli with a little bit of stem left on
1/2 white onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 Serrano pepper, chopped, leave half of seeds for spice
A pinch of Red Pepper Flake
A Pinch of chipotle pepper flakes or powder
Optional roasted pepper slices for garnish
1. In a soup pot, add a tablespoon of olive oil, onions, red peppers, chipotle peppers, and salt and pepper. Sweat onions till translucent. Then drop in the garlic and Serrano pepper, stir.
2. Add broccoli to the soup pot, stir.
3. Add vegetable broth to pot covering all vegetables. Stir and cover, simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Take soup off heat. With a hand blender, blend till smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Garnish with roasted pepper and enjoy!
In health and with grace,