Every Monday is a brand new start to a brand new week. You can carve out your week the way you want it to be by planning it out. Monday is the day your should set your goals, plan your meals, schedule your workouts, and plan some time for yourself. Here are 6 ways to start your week off right!
1. Set your goals. This is your “To Do” list for the week. Mail packages, pick up greeting cards, parent teacher conferences, etc. Use a schedule book or your phone calendar and schedule all your meetings in, then decide where you can use your time wisely to do errands. If your dentist appointment around the corner from the cleaners? Is your child’s school on the way home from the card store? Add your simple chores before or after your meetings and you’ll get more done without having to spend a whole day “running errands”.
2. Plan your meals. One of the ways to successfully eat healthy foods is to plan to. Make a list before your go to the store. Plan out Monday-Friday. Breakfasts are usually an “on the go” meal so plan to have yogurt, fruit, nuts, granola, hard-boiled eggs, and coffee. If you usually eat lunch at work get the vegetables and proteins you need to make a healthy salad. Plan your dinners for each night (take leftovers for lunch the next day). Then after you get your groceries organize your foods for the week so they are ready to go! Boil eggs for breakfast, ration out nuts and granola so you can pack it easily. Make 3-4 salads for your lunches for the rest of your week.
3. Schedule your workouts. Life is a whirlwind and every day something comes up. Plan your workouts just like you plan a doctor’s appointment. Be realistic. Find time everyday to exercise even if it’s just 20 minutes. Mix up your workouts with 3 days of strength training and 3 days of cardio. On the days you can schedule more, do more. Combine lunches or coffee meetings that you have with friends in to a 20 minute walk. It’s a great way to catch up and get exercise!
4. Plan time for yourself. I realize that can be a challenge but think of this as your “grooming” time. Give yourself at least one hour per week to get a manicure, a hair cut, waxing, whatever!! You can’t feel good if you don’t look good!
5. Put away your Iphone. Decide on a time everyday that your phone goes on to its charger and stays there. No phone calls, no emails, no Facebook, no twitter. If you want to read, grab a book or a magazine so you aren’t distracted by a text message. Disconnect. You owe it to yourself, and to your relationships.
6. Sleep. Without enough sleep #’s 1-5 will be difficult. You need energy for your days! Try to go to sleep at the same time every night. We need between 6-8 hours of deep sleep to be refreshed. Don’t eat within 2 hours of bed time. Keep alcohol to a minimum. Make your room as dark as possible.
Everyday you need to CHOOSE to be the healthiest you! If you take the time to make a plan, then you will be more successful!
In health and with grace,