It’s been a while since I’ve written. The holidays have ended and the new year has begun! Like most of you I re-write resolutions, clean out the clutter, re-organize, re-assess, and look to the year ahead. This year is no different. 2012 was very good to me but since my lucky number is 13, 2013 is going to be even better! This year instead of convincing myself I needed “NEW” everything in my resolutions, I have resolved to re-asses and keep what is working, and change what isn’t. I encourage you to take a look at your resolutions and do the same! Re-write every month if you need to. Life is always changing which means your resolutions need to as well!
Sunshine’s 6 Resolutions and Reassessments:
1. I resolve to put my phone down. This is a big one. I’m not even sure what it is I’m doing with all this time on my phone. Most importantly after 5pm and on the weekends. I realize how much of 2012 I spent looking down at this little screen. I need to look up, look around, take it all in, live in the moment. Life goes too fast already!
2. I resolve to listen better, more clearly, and more openly. I sometimes speak before someone is finished and its always because I feel like I won’t be able to say what I need to. I’m working on this. I actually think if I spend more time listening and less time talking, that what I actually do say, I will THINK about. What a concept right?
3. I resolve to remember to get my own workouts in too. Anyone who is a Fitness Instructor and is reading this will understand. In fact, all of us need to remember that sometimes it really should be about us. I teach a few classes in a row, have a few clients and the LAST thing I want to do is workout. But, I need to. I deserve to. My workouts are my salvation.
4. I resolve to tell the people that I love, that I love them more often. I live on the opposite coast of most of the people who I know the best. Sometimes the time difference and the speed of life gets in the way of a phone call. One month can pass in a flash. I have wonderful people in my life, they should know that. By the way, family and friends on the east coast, I love you 🙂 JB I love you 🙂
5. I resolve to listen to music when I’m walking to and from work. This might seem silly. It actually goes right along with #1. I walk and play on my phone. It actually annoys me that I do that. I used to walk and listen to my music and it was 25 minutes to and from work that was all mine. I’m getting it back. I made new playlists for any mood I’m in. It’s my time to sing to myself and clear my head.
6. I resolve to keep resolving and re-assessing. I have so many great things already ahead and scheduled for the year. Vacations, friends visiting, family happenings, new classes and clients. Sometimes I might slip up, but thats okay. I’m doing the best that I can with what I have at any given moment. So are you.
Cheers to new beginnings, to letting things go, and to being in the moment!
In health and with grace,