Many of us are running out of time. We don’t have time to workout, do the laundry, talk to a friend on the phone, or get a much-needed manicure. Our day’s get so packed and so busy that it feels like you will never get on top of the to do list. We say yes more than we say no and then at the end of the day crawl into bed, exhausted. How do we stop this madness and find time to do the things we really want to do alongside the things we have to do?
Here are 5 steps to take to accomplishing what you want to do for the next 2 weeks and find some healthier habits along the way:
1. Grab your calendar and look at the next 2 weeks. Write in all the commitments you currently have, kids, friends, spouse, family, work, etc. Then go through and cancel any of those commitments that you actually don’t want to (or have to) do.
2. Next, schedule 6, 30 minute appointment times to workout. Did you just cancel dinner with a friend? How about you ask her to go for a walk with you instead? Do you have an insanely busy night schedule? Then schedule your workouts for the morning and get up a half hour before the kids to get it in. Don’t have time to get away from the house? Do this workout at home…https://sunshinefitnessbytk.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/sunshine-fit-circuit-booty-bar-fit/
3. Do your food shopping on a Saturday or Sunday morning and then plan your meals for the whole week. Write your meals on a calendar. Pre-cook or prepare anything that you can so it makes it easier to fit into your day. Plan healthy meals. Make your lunches (and maybe your kids lunches) for the week. If you take two hours to get your meals ready for the week it will make your day-to-day easier. Have easy breakfasts on hand such as oatmeal, whole wheat bread, fruit, yogurt, and granola. Check out www.sunshinefitfoods.wordpress.com for healthy recipes!
4. Schedule date night. When was the last time you and your spouse had an hour alone? Schedule time in to have lunch, or dinner, or maybe just an hour walk to catch up. It’s your most important relationship.
5. Schedule in a FREE night. Over scheduling ourselves is very stressful. But sometimes we really are that busy that we actually need to schedule time to NOT be busy.
Lastly, give yourself a break. You are doing the best you can!
In health and with grace,