Today is the final day of my Eat Clean, Drink Clean blogging project. After one week I have to say that I feel really good. I really paid attention to EVERYTHING I was consuming especially since I knew I had to write it on here! It also happens to be the first day of Spring!
1. Measuring food is one of the easiest ways to control portions. In some cases I couldn’t believe how much 1/4 cup actually was. In other cases I wanted so much more food but always started with the smaller portion size and found that it ended up being enough.
2. Eating out is a challenge but if you look at the menu from the sense of “eating clean” it is more helpful that thinking about how much fat, carbs, or calories are in each item. I tried to go for the dairy free options first, then made sure the carbs were whole wheat or a grain.
3. Rainy days and too much wine can lead to eating too much. I craved comfort food on the darker days outside and after 2 glasses of wine I tend to want to eat anything! Two great things to remember about myself so that I can plan out healthier options.
4. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. When I planned out what I was going to have each meal, every day I actually stuck to it.
5. For me, 5-6 small meals a day might be too much. I’m more of a 4 times a day eater. I found I “allowed” myself 5 or 6 small meals because I “could”. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and a snack somewhere works best for me and I think everyone is different.
6. I can have my food, and my wine too. I stayed within my allotted 26 Weight Watchers points pretty much everyday. It really just goes to show that what you eat and how much you eat really does affect your intake for the day.
7. I did lose 2 pounds. Not bad for 7 days. I never felt deprived. I learned a few new recipes along the way and even got JB to make recipes that coincided with the project. I also am in LOVE with Quinoa.
I will continue to eat (and drink) this way and check back in right before my vacation as an update!!!
Eat Clean, Drink Clean- FINAL DAY Happenings….
Meal 1 8am– 1/4 cup of kashi, 1/4 cup of almond milk, 1 sliced banana, 1/4 cup of strawberries. Coffee. Water
Workout 1– 55 minutes of Pilates Pro
Meal 2 1:30pm– A salad of lettuce, 1/4 cup each of quinoa, carrots, broccoli, peppers. 1 tablespoon each of goat cheese, garbanzo beans, and balsamic dressing. Water.
Workout 2– 45 minute walk
Meal 3 6:45pm- 1/2 baked potato, one cup of a mixture of broccoli, carrots, red onion, asparagus spears, and zucchini sauteed in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. 1 glass of red wine.
In health and with grace,