Need a reason to eat nuts?
1. Nuts are full of protein which helps muscles regrow and fills you up!
2. They contain monounsaturated fats which help to lower cholesterol.
3. Nuts contain omega 3’s which lower blood pressure and possibly some cancers.
4. Nuts are high in antioxidants that protect against heart disease, some cancers, and nerve disease.
5. Nuts contain Vitamin E which protects cells from free radicals.
Another great reason to eat them is this delicious recipe that JB made last night! Roasted Rosemary, Chipotle, and Parmesan Nuts. This recipe is adapted from Ina Garten’s Recipe.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
1. 1/2 cup each of walnuts, pecans, almonds, and cashews– put together in a bowl
2. In a separate bowl mix together the juice from one orange, 2 teaspoons of chipotle powder, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, and 4 tablespoons of freshly chopped Rosemary, add a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk mixture together. Pour it over the bowl of nuts. Combine mixture with hands to be sure nuts are coated.
3. Brush a baking sheet lightly with Canola oil so the nuts don’t stick. Pour nut mixture and spread evenly on baking sheet. Roast for 20- 25 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let the nuts cool. Use a spoon to stir a few times to prevent sticking. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Serve hot! They also stay fresh for about 2 days if you store them in an airtight container.