Everyday, at 3pm my stomach growls. Breakfast was at 7am, lunch sometime around noon, a workout in between and there is still at least 3 hours till dinner. What’s a girl (or guy) to do? Eat!!!
Some of us get tired in the afternoon, some of us hungry. Here are a few tips to beat the late afternoon slumps and those stomach growls:
1. Go for a walk. If you can get outside walk outside. If you are in the office, take a walk around, go say hello to a friend. Moving your body a little bit will get your blood flowing and wake you up.
2. Have a protein packed snack. An apple with natural peanut butter, a handful of almonds, hummus and carrots. This will help to raise your blood sugar slowly and give you more energy.
3. Have some tea. Green tea or Peppermint Tea (peppermint is an energy enhancing scent) is best but if you are a coffee addict a cup of decaf coffee will do the trick without giving you a caffeine filled evening.
4. Drink water. Low energy levels and hunger growls could mean you are dehydrated. Drink a glass or two of water and see if that helps!
5. Turn on some upbeat music that helps to wake you up. Maybe even dance around if you can!!!