Need an easy recipe? I make this when I am craving pasta. It’s filling, healthy, and super easy! Use whole wheat spaghetti, its a better alternative to regular pasta which has been stripped of nutrients. White beans are high in protein, Iron, Calcium and fiber and low in fat. The vegetables in this recipe can be traded out for any other veggies or add more in. After dinner take a 20 minute walk to aid in digestion and relax after your busy day.
Spaghetti with beans and veggies
1 pound of whole wheat angel hair spaghetti
1/4 cup of fresh basil thinly sliced
1 small zucchini sliced
1 can of white beans, drained
1-2 heads of broccoli cut into small florets
2 tomatoes diced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 clove of garlic diced
1/2 of a red onion, diced
salt and pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Cook spaghetti using instructions on box.
2. In a large saute pan saute onion and garlic. Add the zucchini. One zucchini is coked add broccoli and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and pepper flakes.
3. Add the beans to the saute pan and let cook about 2 minutes.
4. Add the cooked spaghetti to the saute pan and mix until coated.
5. Right before serving sprinkle with basil.