Happy daylight savings!
Spring is just around the corner and as promised here is a healthy recipe from JB! His Grapefruit and Gouda Spring Salad is a perfect accompaniment to grilled salmon, chicken, or a medley of grilled vegetables!
Grapefruit and Gouda Spring Salad
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 Head of Butter Lettuce
1/2 Red Onion
1/4 Pound of Gouda Cheese
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
1. Peel and Slice Avocado and place in bowl.
2. Zest the lemon skin and set aside.
3. Juice the lemon and pour on top of avocado slices. Add the olive oil to the bowl as well.
4. Wash and chop the butter lettuce then separate into 4 bowls.
5. Cut red onion into half moons and finely dice, then sprinkle on top of lettuce in four bowls.
6. Peel the grapefruit then cut each segment out with a knife over the bowl of avocado so that the excess juice is added, then evenly distribute the segments among the 4 bowls.
7. Thinly shave strips of Gouda cheese and place on top of each salad.
8. Remove avocado slices from the bowl and place around the edge of each salad bowl.
9. Add cracked black pepper and pinch of sea salt to the lemon juice, grapefruit juice, olive oil, and zest combination, whisk till combined, then drizzle on top of each salad and serve.