It is the weekend and time to relax and unwind. However, don’t forget to fit in your exercise this weekend! I put together a quick circuit you can do at home in twenty minutes and all you need is a watch with a second hand or a timer!
Perform each exercise for one minute then repeat the circuit for a twenty minute full body workout.
1. Jumping Jacks or Marching
2. Squats– sit back like you are sitting in a chair, then stand back up squeezing your behind
3. Push Ups- on your knees or toes
4. Alternating Front Lunges– take a big step forward and bend that knee as close to 90 degrees as you can, push through that foot to step back, switch to other leg
5. Jog in Place
6. Tricep Dips– sit on a chair, hands next to hips, left behind off chair, bend elbows to lower then press elbows using your triceps (back of your upper arm)
7. Side leg raises with right leg– lift right leg out to side, slight bend in knee and then lower just above the floor, then lift and repeat
8. Plank– like you are doing a push up but hold at the top of the push up
9. Side leg raises with left leg– lift left leg out to side, slight bend in knee and then lower just above the floor, then lift and repeat
10. Basic Crunch- lie on back, knees bent, hands behind head, lift chest towards ceiling, shoulder blades off the floor